Now that we have learned about how to select seeds and what variety of Calendula we want to grow. Let's learn a little more about the benefits of Calendua Oil. Join us as we look a little closer at this easy to grow practical herb.
If you have grown Calendula you may have noticed the sticky resin on your fingers after plucking a few of these vibrant flowers. The resin that gathers on the calyx of the flower (the green part, in this instance) is an important ingredient in many of our infused creations. Here we cover using Calendula Oil, like our Calendula Infused Jojoba Oil and the base in many of our salve's!
Lets have a look at some of the amazing Calendula Oil benefits out there! Calendula originates from the Mediterranean region of Europe, and has long been used as an edible flower, tea, and herb. Spruce up a salad or create an herbal salt with the petals of this flower. Calendula can be found in many apothecaries in the form of salves, oils, tinctures, teas, and compresses!
- Promote healthy cell growth,
- Aides burns, cuts, insect bites, scrapes, and even rashes.
- Soothes and nourishes dry skin
- Promotes reduced redness
- May help with eczema and acne
- Promotes the production of collagen
- Reduces scaring
Calendula Oil benefits for hair:
- Hydrates against dry scalp and dandruff
- Coats, protects, and restores the luster of dull hair
- May promote hair growth
- Protects and promotes hair follicles
- Paired with Organic Arizona grown Jojoba Oil it maximizes all of these benefits while acting as the most similar oil to your bodies own natural sebum.
Calendula is also used widely as an antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory. We use Calendula Oil in many of our topicals including our Salves. This plant is not only for dry skin and blemishes, Calendula also helps produce collagen to keep your skin shining and ensuring your skin stays and feels hydrated. Calendula helps promote blood flow and may also aid in the reduction of scaring when applied near wounds such as scrapes and burns. Learn more about Calendula and scaring with this study!
Restore shine to your skin and hair when you use our Calendula Oil and Salve products daily!
Want to try our Calendula products? Enjoy 10% off when you add "Calendula" at check out!